The time has come for another State of the ARC monthly wrap up...
Lately, I’ve been dreading these posts, and for good reason too. I’ve just not been as motivated to read lately as I normally am. That, and I’m caught in a tug-of-war with wanting to read backlist books as well.
So, in order to give myself a bit of a break (and to actually make some progress with my ARCs) I’m going to be setting some goals for the next few months in order to get my feedback ratios way up, and my overdue ARCs way down.
But, before I do that, I’ll share my current stats for the month of March and heading into April.
In case you haven’t heard of this; the State of the ARC Meme is hosted by AvalinahsBooks. Go check out her website for further information if you’d like to join! It’s a great way to get some motivation to tackle those old ARCs that have been bogging down your TBR piles.
Rules of State of the ARC:
- Mention that you’re linking up with State of the ARC @ AvalinahsBooks, which is a fun way to share ARC progress, challenges, wins, woes and mishaps.
- Include the link to this post, or the current State of the ARC post. You can use the State of the ARC image Evelina created (found on her website.)
- Be sure to visit all the other people in the link-up and comment.
- Most importantly – have fun!
State of the ARC has a Goodreads groups ARCs Anonymous. Join it here.
My stats haven’t changed much since February. My overall feedback ratios are as follows:
While I was able to get some old reviews written, as well as some upcoming ARCs read and reviewed, I’m still behind. I was only able to read and/or write reviews for past ARC reads for 4 books this month. They were:
This is where my goals for this-coming month come into play. In April, I will (and the key word is will):
- Complete all unwritten ARC reviews. Currently, I have 5 waiting to be written.
- Children of Daedala by Caighlan Smith
- Solomon’s Ring by Mary Jennifer Payne
- The Rogue Queen by Emily R. King
- The Queen’s Rising by Rebecca Ross
- A School of Dragons by Amy Wolf
- Complete reading and reviewing all ARCs for April. I have 6 total. (I’ll post which these are in a separate blog post.)
- Complete reading and reviewing all ARC requests from Publishers. I have 1 review to write, and 1 ARC to read to get my feedback ratio to 100%.
- If I am able to complete these tasks before the end of April, my goal is to complete reading and reviewing May ARCs as well. I currently have 6.
- Also, I’m on an ARC requesting BAN for the next few months, until I can get these numbers under control!
I only received one new ARC this past month, so that wasn’t too bad.